4.11.2006

a ship, for kasimir



i'm posting this because i didn't want to.

i had a revelation today that i'm about as precious as any anal retentive white american virgo can be. i make me ill at this point. "pussyfooting" is what i believe the term is. (i have no idea where the hell that term came from so if i just crossed into some feminist no mans land, i am carrying a white flag..) I actually think it comes from how cat's walk across wet grass or something they are unsure of.

all this trepidation... i have canvasses i won't touch until i know what i'm going to paint, paper i won't use, good brushes that are waiting in plastic... for what? the masterpiece i suppose. my great opus.

so i don't want to make a blog that just waits to show the good work. the done work. the work that is fit to see.

This is my process. My sketchbook and my world. And this is a boat i put on a board and just duuuumped and painted black enamel all over. my god it was exciting.

No comments: