7.16.2006

gods





oil on wood panel. 10 x 12"


These were a couple of small paintings i had done recently to get my hands moving again in the studio. I get urges every once in awhile get a little "realistic". Maybe just to remind myself to take my time, to mix colors, to really sit with something for a bit or feel a sense of investment. In these two i can say i was definitely feeling the need to paint images that had a lot going on, but i also wanted to stop just short of suffocation. They aren't much to talk about, but they did serve their purpose well and i am still amazed by how much learning there is in the smallest of paintings.

2 comments:

mindsprinter said...

I've being working on this "false gods" idea since I got back from China. ideas still on simmer mode.

Anonymous said...

gods, eh? i don't see any. buddha was no god.
you and i and everyone we are surrounded by are manifestations of eternal light and being.
and we all shit brown.