10.05.2006

A small post that could just change your life

A new friend introduced this to me a couple days ago, and i am in absolute awe. Finally, a reason for the internet...

This project is going to change music listening as we know it. Imagine being able to shape radio to exactly the kind of mood you are in, but without being tied to your same old boring collection... this is it... welcome to "God's iPod". (Say goodbye to the next 3 hours of your life)

www.pandora.com

Oh yeah... the best part... it's free. I have my laptop connected to my stereo running all day long... i am in love.

4 comments:

Steven LaRose said...

One of my friends here in Ashland has been raving about this service. He was looking for a way to play music in his store so that his employees wouldn't go crazy, and/or drive away the customers. His only complaint was the curve balls that pandora sends out just to test your parameters. Good for at home but not in a retail space. He also was offended some times by the service trying to predict what he might like. Sort of like that Harper's article way back "My TiVo thinks I'm gay".

mindsprinter said...

pandora is a goofy thing. sometimes it makes the oddest choices..but nevertheless entertaining. HA. At least it's never the same old same old.


Steven, the "my tivo thinks I'm gay" reminds me of a book reading I went to for David Sedaris. He was midway through a multi-city tour, super wornout, but was still a great sport and stayed on to sign books afterwards. I bought a book for a friend and presented it for signing and said it was for my friend, John. DS looked up and asked, "Is he gay?" I said no, he signed. Once out of the store, I opened the book cover, it said, "dear John, everyone thinks you're gay. David Sedaris." hee.

Steven LaRose said...

reb, Ha! DS is soo cool.

Geoffrey, I did spend about two hours total at pandora. strange connect this morning when we were out to breakfast at one of those places that has trivial pursuit cards crammed in with the sugar packets. I pulled out a card and learned that "Hope" was the only thing left when pandora's box was empty. I never knew that.

vosslermegan said...

Wow. This is fun.