10.03.2006



untitled
oil on canvas. 8 x 10"


this was another wee painting i just finished that i thought i would share. i seem to like having these kinds of paintings going along with anything else in the studio. It is more the place i just get to "paint" and kind of take my mind out of it. The practice of being fully absorbed.

I came to this rather huge and really minor revelation yesterday: true awareness has nothing to do with worry. And they shant coexist or be con-fused.

(and for those keeping score at home, i said shant)

5 comments:

Ashes77 said...

i'll admit to being slightly depressed by this, not for the obvious reasons.

Anonymous said...

I was looking out for Nurse Travel related information and I have found your this post. Sorry, I have seen that isn't a perfect match. But, anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn�t a perfect match. What you have in your content is very interesting for most people.

Steven LaRose said...

According to Saint Twain, worrying is important. In fact, 99% of the stuff we worry about never happens.

I was going to add some of my own comments but instead I'm going to go check out "Nurse Tavel" above.

ps. I like this painting a lot. You still have the conture of the last image you posted. Except here, the paint-by-numbers figure is caged by the rays of light. There might also be some internal light from the figure.

Steven LaRose said...

Sorry, that should be "Nurse Travel" above.

geoffrey said...

SL... A. I have no idea why my junk mail filter got turned off. Ah well... B. Good on ya for getting the relationship between this one and the other one. Good eye...